Calling all my chocolate & coffee lovers to this Mocha Cake!
Do you want a delicious treat to pair with your next cup of brew? ↓
Below is THE BEST Mocha cake recipe using BREW coffee 🤎 don't forget to tag us on social media if you make it @brewaustralia
For the Cake:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ⅔ cups granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder nice quality
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs large
- 1 1/4 cups of brew coffee
- 1/2 cup water
- ¾ cup veggie oil
For the Buttercream:
- 1 lb butter unsalted
- 2 lb confectioners sugar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp espresso powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
For the Ganache:
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
For the Batter:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Butter and flour three 9-inch cake pans. I highly recommend using cake strips for a more even bake.
- Sift together the dry ingredients (including the sugar) into the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients into a large bowl and whisk together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Whisk to combine then mix on level 2 for two minutes.
- Distribute batter evenly to the three pans and bake for about 35-40 minutes at 350F or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. I recommend rotating the pans halfway through the bake.
- Allow time to cool for 5 minutes, then invert onto wire racks to cool fully.
For the Mocha Buttercream:
- Sift the confectioners’ sugar, salt, cocoa and espresso powder into a bowl.
- Whip the butter for about 5 minutes using a paddle attachment (in a standing mixer).
- Beat in the sugar mixture slowly.
- Add vanilla and drizzle in the cream while beating until desired consistency is reached. If the you want the buttercream to have a stronger espresso taste, add as much as you would like!
For the Ganache:
- Warm the cream and pour over the chocolate. Set aside for a few minutes and whisk together. If there’s a few bits of unmelted chocolate just microwave it for 10 seconds on half power and whisk again.